Sending Json Request

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Hello, I am new to AvaTax REST API. I have installed the RestClient.net4.5 and I am able to connect to the AvaTaxClient and use the TransactionBuilder to submit a transaction and return the tax on it within C#. However, because we program in Visual Basic and C#, I'd like to use Json. I was wondering if you could direct me to examples on how to dynmically build the Json request  to send to your json api.  I am not sure if I need to build my own Classes to hold all data needed or is there already something built.  All I can find is examples of what the passed json file should look like and not how to build the file and pass it to your api. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Photo of Sandy Cadorette

Sandy Cadorette

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Chris Walker

Chris Walker, Official Rep

• 25 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello,

I'm not really sure what you are looking for, so I will try my best to answer your questions. Yes, there are prebuilt classes within the C# SDK, you can find them in the models folder (https://github.com/avadev/AvaTax-REST-V2-DotNet-SDK/tree/master/src/models). We do not have examples on how to build json payloads and send it to an API, however there are many sources that cover this (such as stack overflow).